Sunday, May 19, 2013

This is why I had twin daughters!

While I may not outwardly appear to be a super duper girly girl woman, I secretly harbor an unrequited desire to be a Disney Princess. You know, the whole ballgown, tiara, magic wand kind of dream princess. I think it all stems from not having a lot of those kinds of things growing up. Now, do NOT get me wrong. I had an awesome and happy childhood; I was just not given the super princessy kind of toys and dress up clothes that I so desperately wanted.

With twin girls, I think I am living vicariously through them. I am reliving my childhood. I hope it doesn't come across as spoiling or indulging, but there is something so sweet and fun about playing dress up. I want their imaginations to run wild. All too often, our kids (generalization coming up) are spoon fed the scenario or told what to think. I am happy to simply provide the props necessary to get those little brains rolling. I love seeing their eyes light up putting on the jewlery (we'll get to properly accessoring before middle school) but for now, by all means, look like an American Gypsy and their bling! Pile on the bracelets! Put on the fun light up shoes! Push that "baby" in your play stroller. Imagination is so important to childhood development and I am a huge fan for providing whatever they need! Here are some fun pictures from today's session of "My Big Fat Gypsy Princess Dress Up" (in case you haven't noticed, I am obseessed wtih that show!)

I hope you enjoy the pictures from today. I had a blast and am happy to have this blog to preserve this precious memory of my girls!!




No comments:

Post a Comment